Orientation Schedule & Qualification Requirements
QUALIFICATION AND ORIENTATION SCHEDULE
Qualification and leasing can be completed at any Sunco terminal location -- ATLANTA, CHICAGO, DALLAS, or LAKELAND. Once qualified and leased, you will attend a one-day orientation at our company headquarters in Lakeland, Florida.
Orientation Class Schedule
Thursdays 8:00 am until 5:00 pm
• Prefer 10 years or newer tractor
• Cellular phone required
• Tractor weight under 19,000 lbs.
• Minimum 1 YEAR OTR verifiable experience within last 3 years.
• Minimum 22 years of age.
• Prefer 6 MONTHS refrigerated experience.
• No more than: 2 moving violations in last 12 months – 4 moving violations in last 36 months.
• No RECKLESS driving - OPEN CONTAINER in last 3 years.
• No record of 2 SERIOUS TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS defined by Federal Hwy
Admn last 2 years.
• No DUI in last 5 years.
• No preventable SINGLE VEHICLE TURNOVER accidents in last 2 years.
• No preventable accident in the last 5 years which resulted in a fatality.
• No record of more than 2 chargeable accidents in last 2 years.
• No DRUG / ALCOHOL TEST refusal.
• No rear-end accident in last 2 years.
PSP / CSA Record
• No more than 8 (driver / vehicle) defects / violations in the last 12 months.
• No more than 20 (driver / vehicle) defects / violations in the last 36 months.
• No More than 4 driver defects / violations in last 12 months.
• No More than 10 driver defects in last 36 months.
Contractor Leasing Information
• Direct Deposit - Available through Sunco
• Permits - Sunco Pays
• Liability Insurance - Sunco Pays
• Physicals - Sunco Pays
• Health Insurance - Available to contractor
• Occ. Acc. Insurance - Available to contractor
• Bobtail Insurance - Available to contractor
• Collision Insurance - Available through Sunco at low group rates
• Load / Unload - 100% of authorized charges paid by customer passed on to contractor
• Fuel Surcharge - 100% passed on to contractor
• Stop Off - Contractor’s percentage
• Base Plate - Available through Sunco
• Fuel Tax - Sunco files quarterly for contractor
• Lease Deposit - $1,000 - deducted over 10 weeks.
• Advances - Comcard cash advance per trip
• Unit Fuel - Contractor’s responsibility (Except Tropicana Dedicated)
• Settlements - Mailed every Friday - all loads delivered Monday through Sunday get paid that Friday
• Safety Bonus - $1,000 - 5 years or 500,000 miles with no preventable accidents
• Rider Program - Available for your spouse and children - age 12 through 18
• Fleets - Many fleet patterns to choose from - Midwest, Southeast, Southwest, Northeast, OTR, Regional, Local, Coast to Coast (Solo and Team).